What you say about us
Every year we conduct a survey with all stakeholders on how well Batchwood School meets the needs of all learners and the issues you want us to be aware of.
We did not conduct a questionnaire in 2020 for Covid reasons, but as soon as we commenced ‘normal’ schooling in the summer term 2021, we surveyed all stakeholders. To highlight the real improvements made at Batchwood School we have compared responses from the July 2021 questionnaire to responses from the October 2019 questionnaire.
What parents/carers said about Batchwood School in July 2021 compared to what they said in October 2019
What students said about Batchwood School in July 2021 compared to what they said in October 2019
This is what we are going to do in response to your views
Students report they feel much safer in 2021 compared to 2019 and enjoy school much more. Teaching and learning has improved as students report they understand lessons better. The school takes into account students views much more and prepares students better for life after Batchwood.
Parents feel that lessons are not disturbed by bad behaviour and that any incidents of bullying are dealt with effectively.
What we need to do to improve further
- We will remind all students who the Designated Safeguarding lead is and their role within the school
- We will re-inforce the House system to make sure students are motivated and develop the right Attitudes, Aspirations and Ambitions
- We will make sure that any low level disruption is dealt with promptly and efficiently so learning is not interrupted
- We will continue to use ‘Thought for The Week’ more to explore and be inspired by the world we live in and other cultures, as well as what we can learn from others
- We will continue to develop careers education within the RHSE lessons to ensure all students have the right amount of support to prepare for life after Batchwood School