Gallery: Fishing Trip at Riverside Fishery
On Wednesday, 22nd June, Batchwood School was invited by The Masonic Trout and Salmon Flyfishing Club, to their annual fishing event, at Riverside Fishery. We took along six students: Liam, Mathew, Monique, Jamie, Freddie and Ez. This is always an enjoyable day and we were very lucky with the weather this year, as it looked like it was going to rain all day, but it stayed dry! Apparently this is perfect weather for fishing.
Each student is allocated a fisherman to spend the day with. He explains how to fish correctly, showing the students the different techniques and bait to try and catch the fish (which are all placed back into the water). The bait consists mainly of maggots, which can take a little getting used to if you haven’t been fishing before!
There were various types of fish caught on the day – Roach, Crucian Carp, Rudd, Perch and Tench. Ez and Freddie caught a huge Mirror Carp – one of the biggest the fisherman had seen in a while.
We stopped for lunch – which was a great BBQ organised by the volunteers and then after another hour of fishing everybody gathered together to receive their certificates. There were three other schools attending the event on the day and it was good to meet other students and teaching staff from these schools.
As we were leaving the volunteer fisherman who had spent the day with our Batchwood students all commented on their excellent behaviour and good manners and said they had enjoyed their time with them, during the day.
- Art & Design/Ceramics Exhibition 2015-16
- Lions of Zululand
- Snowdonia Mountaineering Trip 2016
- Miraculous Metamorphosis (Art & Design / Outdoor Learning)
- A Cross Curricula Project for Food tech, Art & Design & Horticulture
- Rocket Science (Art & Design / Horticulture)
- Waitrose - Grow & Sell (Art & Design / Horticulture)
- Alton Towers Year 11 Leavers Trip
- Fishing Trip at Riverside Fishery
- Talent Show March 2016
- Chris Ashton
- Challenger Residential Trip and Passing Out parade
- Fun Rings Enrichment Activity
- Building the Stone Age Roundhouse - Construction
- Building the Stone Age Roundhouse & Creating Shingles
- Trip to Celtic Harmony Iron Age Heritage Centre
- Trip To Great Groves: Harvesting Oak
- Bushcraft Adventures 3
- Bushcraft Adventures 2
- Bushcraft Adventures 1
- Horticulture Fun
- Year 11 - Work based on theme of ‘Structures’
- Year 9 - Ceramics Vessels
- Year 9 - South American Pueblo Pottery
- Year 7 - Native American Masks
- Schools Art Exhibition January 2016
- Spanish Day
- Senior Boys Dodgeball Tournament